Is it right for me?
This training comes under the health and safety (H&S) umbrella of courses and is suitable for all registered nurses who set up a McKinley T34 Syringe pump in the community setting. The training session will include when to use the pump, how to set it up and safely maintain its use in practice.
New Members of Staff :
Must access face to face training within three months of commencing post. Before accessing face to face training the McKinley T34 Syringe Pump online training must be completed. All nurses must register individually and complete the e-Learning training including the questions that follow.
Please print out a copy of your results when completed.
Additional information can be found in the T34 resource pack (click here).
To go directly to the e-Learning mentioned above (click here).
All Staff :
Nurses who have received McKinley T34 Syringe pump face to face training must check annually that they are competent in the use of the pump in practice by completing the McKinley T34 Competency-Based Assessment: Lock On.
The date the assessment was completed and the evidence must be communicated to the team leader who will document and transfer the information to the training department.
The McKinley T34 Competency-Based Assessment: Lock On can be found on page 38 of the T34 resource pack (click here)
By the end of this activity you should
- Be able to define what a T34 Syringe Pump is
- Be able to identify the indications for the use of a syringe pump
- Be able to identify appropriate infusion sites
- Be able to assemble the equipment needed to set up a syringe pump
- Be able to identify Syringe Pump Alarm Conditions and Alerts
- Be able to identify all the documentation which needs to be completed which includes information on how patients and relatives can access help throughout a 24 hour period
- Be able to identify the sage disposal of medication and discontinuation of a syringe pump and demonstrate safe cleaning and decontamination of the syringe pump
IN ADDITION TO T34 SYRINGE PUMP TRAINING ALL STAFF MUST ALSO ACCESS SYMPTOM CONTROL IN PALLIATIVE CARE TRAINING
For information on Palliative Drugs and Sympton Management courses, please click here.
Which KSF dimensions will it cover
HWB 5 Level 2
Health Safety and Security Level 1
Communication Level 3
HWB 2 Level 2
Available through e-learning
Contact your team leader to access a T34 Trainer in your locality for face to face training.
Please book via your web booking form BOOK NOW
For further information please contact :
North Locality - Francine Nutt
South Locality - Lucy Shier
Shrewsbury and Atcham - Georgina English
Telford and Wrekin - Clare Wheeler